Looking for something snazzier than “print this thread and show him”
October 18, 2012 4:33 AM Subscribe
Metafilter, today I held my first positive pregnancy test. Help me tell my husband in a memorable way.
posted by House of Leaves of Grass to human relations (33 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I know there’s no way being told you’re going to be a father is un-memorable, but Mr. House of Leaves of Grass has gone above and beyond to make other events in our lives momentous. He had a friend secretly video his proposal, he made me a scrapbook of our lives together and presented me with it the day before our wedding—in short, he’s great at surprises and sweetness, and I’d like to return the favor.
We’ve suspected this test was going to be positive for almost a week, so I’ve lost the complete element of surprise, but I’d still love some help coming up with a more eventful way of telling him than walking into the house and handing him the test.
1) He works from home, so anything that involves me having anything set up in the house is a no-go.
2) I am terrible at keeping secrets, especially from him, so anything that involves me sitting on this for more than 24 hours is likely not to work out well.
1) I have the positive test with me.
2) We live in the greater Cleveland area, and I commute past just about any retail area one could wish.
3) Bonus points for working in any of the following: references to the movie Up (the scrapbook he gave me for our wedding says “Our Adventure Book” on the front); video or photo; references to The Office, How I Met Your Mother, or Forgetting Sarah Marshall; or Cleveland-related items.
My brain is swirling! Help me, Metafilter!