How do I get a bus ticket from Dubai to Oman?

Anyone here who lives in / transits to Oman regularly: How can I book a bus ticket on the national bus line, ONTC Oman? Their official website hasn't worked for months.

My wife and I are trying to get a bus ticket from Dubai to Muscat on ONTC Oman, leaving Dubai on the morning of December 31st. The ONTC website ( has broken booking webpages, both in English (, which simply doesn't exist) and in Arabic (, inputing the arabic names of the cities appears to do nothing). How on earth does anyone book a bus trip with these guys if their website hasn't worked for months in any language? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
posted by Televangelist to Travel & Transportation around Muscat, Oman (3 answers total)
Call them.
posted by insectosaurus at 10:18 PM on October 13, 2012

I've used the bus to Oman a few times, but I live in Al Ain and took the bus from Buraimi to Muscat. I didn't book when I went, I just looked at the schedule, showed up, and bought my ticket.

If you're planning a trip, it might be worth a visit to the bus station to talk to someone.
posted by cirgue at 11:39 PM on October 13, 2012

Haven't used the international services but my neighbors used ONTC all over Oman by just showing up. Also, perhaps a Dubai travel agency could help?
posted by mdonley at 1:45 AM on October 14, 2012

« Older How do I get a software intern...   |  Machine for recording research... Newer »