I want to lust after some 'cycles.

Can you recommend a nice motorcycle coffee table book?

Hi, I'm looking for a motorcycle coffee table book...something that has pictures of many, many motorcycles, from old to new (hopefully up to at least 2008), preferably with some explanatory text and nice glossy photos to pore over on cold winter nights.

I searched Amazon and came up with this, which looks somewhat dated, but not much else that got super high marks.
Do you know of any good ones? Own any?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
posted by xiaolongbao to Grab Bag (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

You want The Art of the Motorcycle.
posted by asterix at 9:30 AM on October 10, 2012 [2 favorites]

Seconding The Art of the Motorcycle. A beautiful book made from an incredible exhibit. There's nothing else remotely like it.
posted by Sokka shot first at 10:03 AM on October 10, 2012

I think this one is great, but it might not fit your definition of a coffee table book--the photos aren't all artsy. It's still definitely pore-over-able, though. Immensely so!
posted by scratch at 10:17 AM on October 10, 2012

Just coming in to mention The Art of the Motorcycle. It's the gold standard.
posted by The Bellman at 11:46 AM on October 10, 2012

Thanks, all. Looks like The Art of the Motorcycle is the way to go!

I will also check out your suggestion, scratch, it looks good as well (I'd virtually paged through it and thought so myself but wasn't sure).

Too bad most of the books seem to be out of print so I can't easily find them in stores to flip through, but oh well!

Appreciate your advice.
posted by xiaolongbao at 8:52 AM on October 12, 2012

« Older How do I set up searchable out...   |  How would you measure the tota... Newer »