Help me see what I'll be seeing
October 9, 2012 7:32 PM Subscribe
How will a new external monitor work with my old PowerBook G4? ie. Help me unnerstand screen resolution.
posted by ecorrocio to computers & internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
• I've got a PowerBook G4 17"
• I want to run an external monitor
• I found info that says the G4 will run up to 1280 x 1024
• the monitors I'm looking at are 1920 x 1080 max
• I'm looking at around 23" size
What will happen if I plug in a monitor of that size and rez?
A) screen stretched?
B) screen blurred?
C) no problem?
E) end of universe?
The real problem here is I don't understand how screen resolution works with regard to physical monitor size and computer capability. I will not be offended if you explain to me as though I were 5 years old