Avoiding the bitbucket.

Best way to archive voicemail from Verizon Wireless?

I'm switching away from Verizon Wireless, but I have a couple voicemails saved under my account that have some of my daughter's first words that I'd like to save as audio files. I have a feature phone without visual voicemail. My thinking right now is to call my voicemail from a Skype session with recording enabled. Is that the best way? I couldn't find any other services for this.
posted by mkb to Technology (5 answers total)

Have you tried calling them? Apparently this is the kind of thing that customer service people at phone companies _like_ doing.
posted by sparklemotion at 8:01 AM on October 8, 2012

Have you ever registered a My Verizon account? You might be able to retrieve the recording through there. Or, be able to forward the recording to an email account.
posted by Thorzdad at 8:04 AM on October 8, 2012

I did call customer service. They pointed me at this company which costs a few doubloons.
posted by mkb at 8:45 AM on October 8, 2012

You could use the headphone jack on your phone to plug audio into a computer and record it with Audacity or similar. I've done that in the past with Pro Tools and it works great.
posted by The World Famous at 9:45 AM on October 8, 2012 [1 favorite]

Yeah, wish I had thought of that before re-upping my Skype credit. Oops.
posted by mkb at 7:13 AM on October 10, 2012

« Older I've got a job interview at Go...   |  How does the world of raising ... Newer »