Help me replace my favorite (long lost) winter coat
October 4, 2012 9:02 AM Subscribe
I had this Marvin Richards Stand Collar coat
and I was madly in love with it. Tragically, it was thrown away by accident three years ago. Help me find something like it.
posted by SugarAndSass to Shopping (7 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
Things I loved about this coat (in order of importance to me):
- Shape - I'm a fat, kind of pear-shaped lady (5'7-8" size 16-18) and I felt like a god damned princess in this coat. The waist was pretty high and the bottom is full (fabric was gathered in the back, see the second picture here.
- Length - this coat went down almost to my knees, if I recall correctly, and I loved that. It doesn't need to be that long, but I hate coats that are so short they barely go past the waist.
- Wool and cashmere blend - so soft! I'm absolutely willing to compromise on this, but I liked that it was warm without being too scratchy.
- Stand collar - I think it looked nice and it was warm even when I forgot a scarf, but this is another thing I'm not dead set on.
- Cost - I can spend about $200.
- Location - I'm in DC, so any shops around here or anywhere online would be fine.
- Color - I prefer black, charcoal grey, or navy blue, but might consider other colors if the coat is otherwise awesome.
- Single or double-breasted is fine.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you have for me. The more specific, the better. Thank you!