How Can I Access a Youtube "Channel" Through an Apple TV?

Youtube has a politics hub where they are going to be live streaming the US presidential debates. Despite my Apple TV's (2nd gen, jailbroken) YouTube app, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access a particular channel through it, short of using the dodgy jailbroken browser which tends to drop out. Am I missing something obvious?
posted by modernnomad to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

Livestreaming has never been available on the AppleTV Youtube app (or really any of the pre iOS 6 Apple Youtube apps...I've not tried it on the new Google app in 6).

If you have a Mac nearby using Mountain Lion, you can AirPlay share your screen...or with an app on the Mac called AirParrot, you can just share the video from the browser itself without sharing your entire screen.
posted by inturnaround at 10:07 AM on October 1, 2012 [1 favorite]

If you have an iPad or iPhone, you can stream it to your Apple TV
posted by snickerdoodle at 3:31 PM on October 1, 2012

« Older Will I regret aggressively usi...   |  Is there a web resource I don'... Newer »