New to the freelancing world (programming)
September 23, 2012 4:43 PM Subscribe
What is the quickest way I can obtain programming gigs from odesk/elance/etc?
posted by RaDeuX to Work & Money (3 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
- Finishing up my associate's in science after next semester, then going to get my bachelor's
- I know C pretty well (took 3 courses in it), some python/django and java. I've messed around with Obj-C, Android development, PHP/MySQL, but wouldn't say that I am proficient at any of those.
- My MBP's video card (I'm assuming...) died a few weeks back. No chance to do any iOS development for a while...
- I've been offered a position as an intern for a social media startup, but it's unpaid (and I need to pay rent/gas/bills somehow...)
- My MBP has a few small projects that I've done on Fiverr. I quit going on that site because all it takes is one troll to squander five bucks to ruin your 100% feedback rating. I would have to rip it open to retrieve my hard drive and copy pasta the code over to my working PC. However, I'm not entirely sure if I can do that as I've set the /home directory to be under 128-bit protection. Plus, I am not 100% sure if my hard drive is working anyways, so I'll just let it be for now.
So what should I look for in terms of programming tasks? Should I look for web development? If so, what is in highest demand? Wordpress? PHP?