...name that video game!

One of my esteemed offspring wanted me to bring this to the hive mind, so here goes: Okay, Mom, I finally remembered to write this note. This is what I'd like you to ask the Metafilter crew. So there's this really old game, and it's either Atari or just from that era.

It's a little game with nine levels where you play as an eight ball that has to bounce around and find the goal. One of the levels is nothing but goal areas, and you have to keep away from the goal long enough to gather point-items. In another level, you have to go through a series of pipes to find the goal, and in a third there is a conveyor belt that you start out on, and you have to bounce forward to get to the next part of the level. There is a time limit, and if you take too long you get sent back to the main menu.

My question is, does anyone remember the name of this game? I haven't played it in years, and I'd really like to see it again.
posted by St. Alia of the Bunnies to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (10 answers total)

My guess here is Zany Golf. You "play" a golf ball, not an eight ball. But it has nine levels that resemble these descriptions.
posted by hiteleven at 6:39 PM on September 19, 2012

Marble Madness?
posted by Doofus Magoo at 6:40 PM on September 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

Seconding Marble Madness.
posted by macrowave at 6:45 PM on September 19, 2012

Nope to either of those, according to her.
posted by St. Alia of the Bunnies at 6:47 PM on September 19, 2012

Does she remember whether it was an arcade game, a home console game, a computer game, etc.?
posted by box at 6:51 PM on September 19, 2012

Home console.
posted by St. Alia of the Bunnies at 7:05 PM on September 19, 2012

Here's a list of "rolling ball" games, maybe she can spot the title?
posted by dr handsome at 7:36 PM on September 19, 2012

Quedex/Mindroll? (same game, different regional titles)
posted by jaymzjulian at 7:36 PM on September 19, 2012

Marble Madness or Snake Rattle and Roll?
posted by RolandOfEld at 6:56 AM on September 20, 2012

Mindroll for the win!
posted by St. Alia of the Bunnies at 2:30 PM on September 20, 2012

« Older Please school me on student lo...   |  Can I experience Napa Valley w... Newer »