Seattle 'stache stylist?

Can you recommend a barber or stylist in Seattle who's good with facial hair?

After a year or so of letting my beard and moustache grow like a hobo, occasionally trimming with clippers when I start scaring small children, I'd like to have someone who actually knows what they're doing give it a professional shaping. There are a number of charities around town that have beard/moustache-based fundraising competitions, and I've had enough people compliment me in my not-particularly-well-groomed state that I think maybe with a little help I could be a contender. So... where do I go for help?

North of the ship canal would be ideal, but if there's someone awesome in Shoreline or SeaTac, I'd love to hear about them.
posted by hades to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I'm sorry no one answered your question. I am not in the Seattle area, nor have I even visited the Seattle area.

That being said: African-American barber shops. There will be the initial shock of (assuming you are Caucasian) "there's a white boy in here/I'm the only white guy in here," but once you find someone who knows what you want and delivers, tip them well and keep going back.
posted by kuanes at 3:49 AM on September 13, 2012

Huh, I admit I'm surprised that this is one of Ask.Me's dead zones. Thanks for the advice, kuanes!
posted by hades at 5:03 PM on September 14, 2012

I go to Capelli's. They have three locations. I've found several stylists who did a good job shaping and trimming my beard. When you call to book an appointment, ask for someone who likes to work with beards. A beard trim is $15.

I do think having a professional do the trimming has made a big difference in how well-groomed I look as I grow my beard longer.
posted by agropyron at 4:47 PM on September 16, 2012

Cool, I'll give them a shot!
posted by hades at 10:49 PM on September 19, 2012

« Older Where can I find more academic...   |  Advice on preventing weight ga... Newer »