Make me a master of (free) time!
September 10, 2012 12:24 PM Subscribe
How do I make the best use of my free time?
posted by Tevin to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (12 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite
I'll have a surplus of the stuff soon and I don't want to spend it all on my ass watching TV and playing video games.
Context, caveats, etc, etc:
- In a couple weeks my wife goes back to working the night shift. I'll be watching my 10-month old daughter in the evenings.
- Her bed time is 8:30. My wife gets home at 11:30. Factor in an evening nap, I'm looking at four hours or so of free times all to myself. I just finished my masters in June, so I'm not used to having any of this free time stuff. I need productive ways to spend my time!
- Activities need to be things I can do at home and with relative quiet
- I'm an industrious (enough) writer and learner of language; I already have an hour of writing and language study factored in on alternating days (setting my goals into the realm of "doable") so I've got that covered.
- I already have exercise in my schedule, so that's not necessary either.
- I'd love to use this time to learn a new skill of some kind, but I'm completely flummoxed as to what skill I should learn or where I should start. It doesn't have to be profitable or marketable.
- Is it possible to do some sort of volunteer work from home? If I can use this time to help people, that'd be great too!
- If you have suggestions, please, please provide some information on how to start. If you have firsthand stories of how you used your free time stuck at home to do awesome things, I'd love to hear them.