A "Where should I live?!" question!
September 5, 2012 8:37 PM Subscribe
So. I need to move and live with my best friend. We are looking to move west in the USA. She suggested southern Arizona and I suggests Oregon. We thought Cali might be good, but are open to pretty much anywhere.
posted by fuzzysoft to Travel & Transportation around Murfreesboro, TN (25 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Here's what I'm lookin for:
1. Large Hispanic/Latino population --> she wants to get into translating and wants to live in an area where this is a large demographic.
2. Snowy(ish?!) winters. I love the cold, but I'm willing to compromise on cold as long as there is snow. Places in Cali with snow? (But also not crazy humid??)
3. Large-ish population. Not LA large, but around 100,000-80,000 or so?
Other things that would be nice:
4. close to the beach?
5. not particularly earth-quake prone
6. not as humid
7. warm, dry summers
9. nice view of pretty snow capped mountains (a dream!)
Any suggestions? I've looked at Salinas, Cali but no dice on the snow and so expensive.