Title and Author Unknown

Bookfilter: Please help me re-find a book about the effects of "spiritual tourism" on 1970s India.

A few months back I came across a book about India in the 1970s and the effect of the many young American tourists in search of gurus/spiritual enlightenment. My vague memories tell me that it was written during the time period it describes, by a woman, an Indian, and that it was described as "scathing" or something similar. I also seem to remember that it was fairly well known. I've done a number of keyword searches on Amazon and even chased "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" lists down the rabbit hole several times.

I should have written down the title the first time I saw it, but I didn't. Please help.

Suggestions for books about similar subjects also welcome. Thanks!
posted by eric1halfb to Society & Culture (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Karma Cola?
posted by superlibby at 9:39 AM on September 2, 2012 [2 favorites]

That's the one. "Razor sharp" not "scathing," but the rest of the description was accurate.

Thanks so much, superlibby.
posted by eric1halfb at 9:59 AM on September 2, 2012

« Older Looking for best practices for...   |  How hard is it to install clic... Newer »