Help me find a good suggestion to give my art college for digital reprotext delivery.

Help me find a good suggestion to give my art college for reprotext delivery.

The humanities classes at my art college often have reprotexts as the class textbook. This is a bundle of photocopied book pages or photocopies of photocopies of book pages. As you can imagine, the reading quality is often not good and the print is small. As they are scaled to two pages, it's an OCR nightmare.

The reprotexts also cost $40, and I imagine the cost is tied up in printing and comb binding.

Most of the material are short stories or book chapters. Is there a clearing house or similar organization that can licence and make the selected text available in PDF or ePub format? I figure that in this day and age, and electronic solution must be available :) I would like to approach the college with a solution rather than just sounding complainy.
posted by Calzephyr to Education (2 answers total)

For a fiction writing workshop I took, we read several short stories / short shorts every week. My professor created a closed Google group and uploaded scans of the stories. She made it clear that we could not share the stories beyond classmates. I liked this because people who wanted physical copies could print, but personally I read everything on my laptop and could just zoom in for the poorer quality pieces.
posted by DoubleLune at 11:05 AM on September 1, 2012 [1 favorite]

Hmm! That's one solution. I finally got around to buying one of the reprotexts and the articles are cleared through Access Copyright and fortunately the quality is better than in the past :)
posted by Calzephyr at 11:07 AM on September 19, 2012

« Older Looking for recommendations fo...   |  WaterPik or floss: Which is mo... Newer »