Rollercoaster video

Please help me find the perfect roller coaster video. It is a first person view of a roller coaster ride with a speed value on the video.

I am teaching basic kinematics to one of my classes next week and know exactly the video I want. I saw this video a long time ago, I am sure it exists! The video was filmed from the front car of the coaster and showed the view of the entire ride. Overlaid in the corner of the screen was a readout of the speed of the car.

Bonus points for extra data, for example profiles of the ride or accelerations on the video also.
posted by Morsey to Science & Nature (1 answer total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Can you remember any details about the roller coaster? Wood? Steel? What type of landscape it was in? Knowing what ride it is would make it much easier.

There is a series of videos called "America's Greatest Roller Coaster Thrills" that was entirely focused on POV coaster rides. They might have had a speed reading showing during ones of the ride videos. It's been a long time since I've watched them, so I don't know for sure. There is also a current TV show called "Insane Coaster Wars" that has the same basic premise. In the episode I watched they did show accelerometer readings for a couple of the coasters they featured.
posted by clorox at 6:09 AM on August 30, 2012

« Older Catch me up on what's happened...   |  So we've discussed what to do ... Newer »