Acoustic guitar song from This American Life's David Rakoff feature?

Name that tune? Background intro music for This American Life, the episode "Our Friend David." Slow acoustic guitar chords are the only key feature I can identify.

I've been through TAL's "frequently used" list and it's none of those. Sounds sort of like some instrumental Yo La Tengo songs, but I don't think it's that either. Many thanks for clues!
posted by misformargaret to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

here's the link, sorry: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/472/our-friend-david

most clearly heard around 2:20 and 3:20.
posted by misformargaret at 4:29 AM on August 29, 2012

[I added the link to the post ]
posted by taz at 5:53 AM on August 29, 2012

Yeah it sounded a bit like an alternate version of The Fireside to me. I'm not quite certain that's it though.
posted by Dr-Baa at 5:57 AM on August 29, 2012

It seems to be 'Good Evening Mr. Peckinpah' by Rick Rizzo and Tara Key, matched using Shazam.
posted by carbide at 5:57 AM on August 29, 2012 [3 favorites]

Further to which, if you're a Yo La Tengo fan and you don't know Rick Rizzo or Tara Key (together or apart), you are missing out on some prime vintage indie-rock guitar brilliance.
posted by mykescipark at 8:08 AM on August 29, 2012 [2 favorites]

« Older Moving to England! Help us mak...   |  I preserved a lot of cumquats ... Newer »