Help me pick a shrink!

Please recommend for me a psychiatrist in the Tampa Bay area, specializing in anxiety and relationships.

I have Aetna Insurance and would like to use it.

Bonus points if they have a holistic hippie type feel and/or implement hypnosis. (Just always been interested in this)

I have been to a "therapist" before and would like to be able to go the chemical route if that is what is prescribed.

I have looked through my the insurance website and am overwhelmed with the amount of practitioners returned. I have chosen before based on Google searches from that list and was disappointed.

I don't personally know anyone else who is crazy or I would ask for recommendations from friends and family.

Thanks for any help in advance.
posted by fogonlittlecatfeet to Health & Fitness (2 answers total)

Try Dr. John Knight.
304 S. Belcher Rd. Suite C - Clearwater, FL
727-483-9599

My wife & I saw him for about 6-8 months.... after spending a couple years at a different Dr.... & he did great for us.
posted by foodybat at 6:57 AM on August 27, 2012

Thanks foody. If you don't mind elaborating can you tell me what you liked about him?
posted by fogonlittlecatfeet at 3:07 PM on August 27, 2012

« Older Can anyone tell me about growi...   |  For my girlfriend: Often the ... Newer »