Morning Outings for Small Kids
August 24, 2012 1:48 PM Subscribe
Suggest a novel activity for small (2 & 3.5 yo) kids for a (preferably east-) Bay Area Saturday morning.
posted by colin_l to Home & Garden (12 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I'd like to do something different with the kids tomorrow. But I can't think of what.
* don't want to drive all day (I'd like to stay within half an hour or so of central Contra Costa if there's a car journey invovled)
* some place where small kids can run amok relatively safely in case mom decides to stay home and it's just me being responsible
* early morning - need to be back home by noon
Things I've considered:
* BART to the City, Ferry to Marin. Could be fun, but I don't know if the ferries are hang-out-on-deck friendly. I suspect they're mostly seats for commuters.
* Beach - we could drive to Santa Cruz or Stinson I suppose, but it seems like a lot of driving
* just take Amtrak to nowhere in particular and back. I think this might be a contender, but the 2-year-old might get fussy.
What do you think?