Bored out of my gourd! Help a SAHM cope with all the children in school full-time now.
So, my youngest just started first grade. Yay for him! He's gone all day. Now I'm watching episode after episode of City Hunter
to fill my days. Oh, I'm also cleaning, doing laundry, and making meals. But honestly, those don't fill up my days very much.
I need ideas on what to do with my time. I feel like I'm wasting away.
Some issues though:
1. I have thrown around the idea of getting a part time job or volunteering. HOWEVER, my kids are ALWAYS sick. No joke. Someone is always sick so I would be the worst employee ever because I'd be calling in all the time to take care of one of the kids. I would not be reliable. I have no family to take care of the kids (when they get sick) so it's all me. Each year I sign up to volunteer at the school but hardly ever make my scheduled time because someone is always sick!
2. Funds are limited. I can't take classes or go do things/pursue hobbies due to lack of finances.
3. I would really like to be/feel productive, like I'm accomplishing something each day. Hard to do for me when I'm not bringing home a paycheck, not taking classes, or volunteering.
4. Arts and crafts - no, I suck at these things so telling me to learn to knit - not gonna happen - and besides, supplies cost money.
5. Most of my friends are SAHM but have little children still at home or have family nearby (to hang out with) so that hanging out with me isn't really ideal.
What on earth should I be doing with my time?!