Help me find the name of an obscure mlb relief pitcher?

Trying to figure out the name of an obscure MLB relief pitcher with a unique windup

For the life of me can't find this guy. Would have pitched a couple seasons ago. Right handed Journeyman/flash in the pan type. Not particularly good but I remember him pitching in relief against the giants.

He had a really specific windup though. Before every pitch, he would grip the ball with a claw hand and 'show' it to third base and make a kind of horrible gremlin growling face. Then he would continue his windup. Face he made almost reminded me of a japanese demon mask.

Ring a bell to anyone? I know it's a shot in the dark!
posted by aviwarner to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Can't find a video of him, but are you talking about Ben Weber? Guy has a notoriously weird windup.
posted by lobbyist at 10:07 PM on August 15, 2012

And the demon mask face.
posted by lobbyist at 10:13 PM on August 15, 2012

Sammy Gervacio?
posted by Ghostride The Whip at 10:54 PM on August 15, 2012 [4 favorites]

Kyle Abbott
posted by parmanparman at 4:21 AM on August 16, 2012

Wow Ghostride, amazing. You win the internet!!

It was Sammy Gervacio.
posted by aviwarner at 9:32 AM on August 16, 2012

Contact Baseball America in Durham, NC!
posted by littleredwagon at 10:03 AM on August 17, 2012

« Older How to go about sending an apo...   |  Where to travel for Xmas/New Y... Newer »