behold my contradiction! We're picky foodies!
August 8, 2012 11:22 AM Subscribe
Montreal Dining Filter: My partner and I are having a HELL of a time deciding on a restaurant for a romantic dinner out in Monteal in a few weeks time. We're picky eaters that really enjoy good gourmet food... A contradiction but true. AU SECOURS!
posted by PuppetMcSockerson to Food & Drink (11 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
1. He is allergic to shellfish (shrimp, lobster, scallops, clams, etc), and I don't LIKE most shellfish (aside from scallops)
2. Neither of us eat:
- veal (this seems to be the biggest issue, it seems to be a primary protein for most places)
- organ meat of any sort (sweetbreads, liver, tripe, etc). Fois Gras is included in this.
- miscellaneous body parts of animals (pig trotters, brain, neck, marrow, etc)
3. I don't eat lamb (childhood trauma, long story)
Foods we do like:
- Beef muscle (we eat our steaks rare)
- Chicken muscle
- Pig muscle (but not the feet/ears/etc)
- just about all fish
- just about all veg
- Scallops (for me)
- Lamb (for him)
1. Reasonable distance from the Bell Center (we'll be cabbing)
2. delicious food prepared well and beautifully plated
3. French, Italian, or Fusion cuisine preferable
4. Romantic atmosphere (not excessively loud, dress/suit jacket kind of dress code, multiple forks on the table type place)
5. PREFER a BYOB, but we'll survive if it isn't.
6. a price point of $40ish per entree is fine