Help me find the perfect Docs!

I finally saved enough cash to buy a pair of Docs...but the style I want is all gone! Can Metafilter track me down a pair?

It took me 5 months, but I finally scraped enough cash together to shell out for a pair of lovely, perfect, amazing black Darcie Doc Martens. But they have stopped making the Darcie brand, and I can't find any left anywhere in my size (UK5, US7).

I know the brown ones are available (and other patterns), but my heart is set on black. My google-fu has failed, and I suspect that there are none left anywhere. Am I right?

I do live in Canada but would be willing to pay for shipping from elseplaces.
posted by robot-hugs to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

When there is something specific I am looking for, I often set up an ebay alert for it - ebay will email you if/when it becomes available. Worth trying!
posted by insectosaurus at 1:04 PM on August 7, 2012

Found a pair here. Dunno about the reputation of the site, but I'm sure a quick Google search will yield reviews.
posted by krakus at 1:04 PM on August 7, 2012

Oh god I'm stupid, sorry; I didn't see that seller didn't have black in your size. Ignore my comment.
posted by krakus at 1:08 PM on August 7, 2012

I saw a pair of Darcies a few months ago in Montreal, how long ago were they discontinued? They might still be around in some shops, have you checked out the goth/punk stores in your town?
posted by L'Estrange Fruit at 1:14 PM on August 7, 2012

They're available on UK ebay. No idea of whether the seller is any good. They only send to the UK so you'll need someone to resend them on.
posted by MuffinMan at 1:21 PM on August 7, 2012

If you dig animal prints, the Regina is very similar to the Darcie and is available in a UK5.
The official Dr Martens CA site also has two versions of the black Darcie, but in everything but a 5 alas, and a patent version on the UK site that is also out of UK 5s.

Another option: get the brown Darcies and have them dyed black.
posted by L'Estrange Fruit at 1:22 PM on August 7, 2012

There is (was?) a bunch of shoe shops on Yonge, west side, round about Wellesley that has/had every style of Docs ever.
posted by scruss at 1:41 PM on August 7, 2012

I'm headed to the Ex on Monday the 20th. They have a Doc Martin booth selling discontinued/last year models. (Can't remember the building, but it's the same one that does the mops/scents/awful fake flower crap- automotive building maybe?)
I'd be happy to keep an eye out and snag a pair if I find them in your size.
posted by whowearsthepants at 2:17 PM on August 7, 2012

The wonderful Canadian shoe store, gravitypope, carries the Darcie Diva. It looks fairly close to the Darcie -- I'm not sure if the "diva" designates a different style, though. Nevertheless, looks like a UK5 is available!
posted by thebots at 5:46 PM on August 8, 2012

« Older Can I keep it electric when co...   |  Possible inherited underwater ... Newer »