Physically active job ideas?
August 6, 2012 2:50 PM Subscribe
What are some jobs that I could do in Toronto that would keep me physically active (more than just walking a lot) without requiring going to college?
posted by GleepGlop to work & money (18 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite
Here's what I've brainstormed so far and what I think about it:
- Construction: I have a back injury and I think this would be a little too hard labour (although otherwise I am in good shape) and also potential air quality issues
- Landscaping: I am allergic to cut grass otherwise I would like this
- Cleaning: air quality issues from constantly being around dust and cleaning products, which I am sensitive to
- Doggy Daycare / Dog Walking: I would love this and I have applied to a bunch of places
- Film industry production assistant type guy: ?
- Working with kids: I have no experience with this but it could be good theoretically
- Personal Trainer: probably not as much exercise for myself vs the client and I would find this very tedious
- Bike Courier: nope.
If anyone has any ideas for things that I missed, or construction type ideas that will steer me clear of being around a lot of dust and other nasty things to inhale yet still keep me using all four limbs, I'm all ears!
My two main issues are with air quality and my back injury: as long as I will have the option to grab a seat once in a while: being on my feet the whole day would not work. I need some sitting with my standing.