Help me purchase an HDTV!
August 6, 2012 11:41 AM Subscribe
I haven't seen a post for this in the last year. Help me buy a nice 32-42in TV by answering a few questions about my price range, TV options, etc :)
posted by bbqturtle to Shopping (10 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite
My roommate moved out and took his 42in HDTV.
I need another one. I'm planning on buying a nice picture TV and have a Blu-Ray/Wii for netflix and movies.
I'm looking for a 1080p (i?) 32in or 42in TV that looks good, works solid, and rings in for under $300-$400.
Here are my questions:
1. Is my price range reasonable for a nice HDTV?
2. Is there any way to tell when a model has been released? I assume newer model TV's are better.
3. Are there any brands you recommend or don't recommend?
4. Are there any sets you recommend or don't recommend?
5. How do you tell if wall mounting is an option? Or are all wall mounts compatible with all TV's?
6. Is there any advantage to buying in a B&M store vs Amazon?
7. Thank you so much for your help!