Join 3,424 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Help, my relatives are visiting in 3 days
August 3, 2012 3:52 PM   Subscribe

Where can I buy a folding guest bed (preferably, but not necessarily, with folding frame) in the Boston area this weekend?

I'm looking for a folding guest bed. Something along the lines of a foam mattress on a folding metal frame. I'd like to buy it this weekend in the Boston area. Less than $300 would be fantastic, but I want it to be comfortable enough to not torture my guests, including aging relatives.
posted by Cygnet to Shopping (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Head over to the Stoughton, MA IKEA store and look at their Beddinge futons. This one here is $279.

We have the one that's the next level up, the Beddinge Resmo ($349). Everyone seems to like it, including my older parents.
posted by swhitt at 4:06 PM on August 3, 2012

Check an army-navy or camping store -- camp cots have come a long way. I have a Teton XXL cot and it is ridiculously comfortable and folds down like a stadium chair into a carry bag. I gild the lily with a thick foam pad. Together, under $300.
posted by apparently at 4:46 AM on August 4, 2012 [1 favorite]

Thanks guys! We went with fancy camping beds, which are really more like regular beds these days. They have replaced our air mattresses, which were apparently no match for our cats. We're pleased.
posted by Cygnet at 11:18 AM on September 7, 2012

« Older Baby Jenkins loves all remotes...   |  Please recommend your favorite... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.