Software for an alert marquee

I'm looking for a software package that will function as an alert marquee. i have a series of displays that I would like to have a banner across the top of the screen. I'd like this software to monitor a mailbox or receive an RPC message to display a short message. Basically I want a desktop version of a text message alert for a few status monitor PCs with large wall mount monitors. Does anyone have an existing solution? I'd prefer not to have to write my own.
posted by cmfletcher to Computers & Internet (2 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Have you looked at Growl or Snarl?
posted by scolbath at 10:03 AM on July 26, 2012 [1 favorite]

What you're describing is called digital signage software. There are tons of packages out there, ranging from free (second link in that search) to tens of thousands of dollars.
posted by jbickers at 10:22 AM on July 26, 2012

« Older Help me find lyrics and music ...   |  I lost most of my friends. Pl... Newer »