Help me commiserate from afar!
July 26, 2012 12:08 AM Subscribe
Wallowing playlist help?
posted by easy, lucky, free to Media & Arts (43 answers total) 21 users marked this as a favorite
My best friend just got dumped and lost her job in the span of about 30 hours. We're currently 1300 miles apart, but I promised her "the saddest playlist ever." My list so far is a good representation of my taste in general (yes, I was born about 20 years too late), so more along these lines would be welcome. The more miserable, the better - think drinking bourbon alone.
1. The Faces "Ooh La La"
2. Janis Joplin "To Love Somebody"
3. Peter Gabriel "The Book of Love"
4. John Prine "In Spite of Ourselves"
5. U2 "All I Want is You"
6. Bob Dylan "It Ain't Me, Babe"
7. Fleetwood Mac "Go Your Own Way"
8. Bon Iver "Can't Make You Love Me"
9. Tom Waits "Picture in a Frame" (ugh, I can barely listen to this one myself)
10. Aretha Franklin "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman"
11. Talking Heads "This Must Be the Place"
12. The Band (and Friends) "I Shall Be Released"
13. The Rolling Stones "You Can't Always Get What You Want"
14. Bruce Springsteen "Thunder Road"
15. Beyonce "Single Ladies" (I feel this is obligatory)
Relevant info: I think she'll be more receptive to overtly sad or wistful over bitter or "over it" at this point. Everyone needs to wallow sometimes, right?