Recent Innovations in Political Campaigns?
July 25, 2012 1:13 PM Subscribe
What are some recent innovations in political campaigns?
posted by Jaybo to Law & Government (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
With the Presidential election coming up this fall, I'm curious about what people see as recent innovations in political campaigning (say, in the last 3-5 years) as well as things that might be new or even more important in the upcoming campaign.
I'm thinking of things like:
- the increasing importance of social media in a variety of formats (is Mitt Romney on Pinterest? If not, he probably should be.)
- comprehensive voter databases
- micro-targeting of messages & fundraising appeals to neighbourhoods, streets and even individuals
- crowdsourcing of policy development
- following opposition candidates with cameras 24/7 in the hopes of catching a faux pas to post on YouTube