Reading the classics of Economics
July 24, 2012 7:57 AM Subscribe
What are the classic
Economics texts that one really should
read for a thorough historical perspective of the evolution and changes in thought on Economics ( and where overlapping Political Theory)?
And is reading them really necessary for deep understanding of the field from a more philosophical point of view?
posted by mary8nne to education (18 answers total) 17 users marked this as a favorite
I mean stuff like the following, and are these the iconic texts by these authors?
- Adam Smith - The Wealth of Nations
- Marx - Capital I (and possibly II, III ?)
- Milton Friedman - Capitalism and Freedom (?)
- Friedrich August Hayek - Road to Serfdom (?)
- David Ricardo - (?)
- John Maynard Keynes - (?)
- John Stuart Mill (or is he more political thought?)