Help me plan a holiday
July 20, 2012 3:59 AM Subscribe
Husband and I want to take a holiday during the school holiday break (I know, but we're teachers) in September and/or December (in the lead up to Christmas) this year. We live in Melbourne, Australia.
The major catch
- I'll be 5 or 7 months pregnant, depending when we go.
posted by jojobobo to travel & transportation (7 answers total)
- Do I want to be on a plane for more than an hour or so at those points? The December trip is probably more of a concern. First timer here, I don't know.
- we don't want to go within Victoria. Interstate or NZ seem most likely because of the previous caveat
- I like nature and cities and culture. And beaches. So I'm pretty open to the kind of holiday. But being pregnant limits the kinds of activities we can do and the kinds of food I can eat. In fact, it is a pretty serious limitation because there are many sports I can't do and much wine I won't be drinking. And cheeses I won't be consuming.
-We have a budget of about $2-4000 for a trip but would happily spend considerably less! We'll have about 10 days.
So I guess there are two types of answers that will work
- previously pregnant mefites-- what did you feel like doing at that/those stages? I know 5 months is not that far in... but would you have been up for a 3 hour plan ride? How tired were you? I know this varies. But anecdata would be something.
- travelling mefites-- thoughts on good locations within that budget and time frame?