What cool places can I go to to eat my lunch in Toronto?
July 19, 2012 2:35 PM Subscribe
(Toronto filter) What are some awesome places I can go to in Toronto where I can eat a lunch I bring myself?
posted by JoannaC to Grab Bag (11 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite
I wrote previously that I am unemployed for the summer :) I am a teacher and start work again in September, but for the first time, I was unable to get a summer job and am loose ends. I have been trying to get out of the house more, but I am getting bored and I am spending more money than I should on coffee and snacks just so I can get out of the house. I need to shake things up a little. I am looking for places to go and things to do where bringing my own lunch is not an issue.
1) Either the place is something like a park, where the whole thing is free and I can sit with my lunch, read a book or something and have a pleasant afternoon
2) The place is somewhere like a museum where I can go, have something to do and then there is a cafeteria or something who won't mind if I sit and pull out a bag lunch (I am okay with paying to get into the attraction if necessary but welcome options which are free of course)
3) The place is a cool coffee shop or something with great ambiance where I can buy a drink or something small and they won't notice/mind if I pull out my own sandwich to go with it.
Stuff I have tried so far:
- Food court at various shopping malls
- Public library (I have to leave to eat, but can come back after)
- Picnic in the park (I want to try High Park; where else can I try?)
- Local rec centre (there is a lounge upstairs with seating)
So, fellow Torontonians, where else in the city can one go and enjoy the day, and eat without paying?