Need to sell some redundant photog gear in order to gain needed gear.
July 18, 2012 1:22 PM Subscribe
Photography Filter: Help me prioritize unused
gear before selling it.
posted by MansRiot to sports, hobbies, & recreation (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I have lenses that I use every-time I go out and other lenses that I don't use as much; at the same time, I have two items that I really need. What's the best way to sell/trade what I've got, for the things I need?
I am willing to sell:
1) AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 (not D, but a little older) in immaculate condition, but I rarely use it. With the Nikon D7000, my 28mm is closer to what, 50mm? I almost need a 10mm to get a wide(r) angle.
2) Nikon DX SWM VR ED IF 55-200mm f/4-5.6 also immaculate
3) Tamron AF Aspherical LD IF 28-200mm f/3.8-5.6 with Macro. Is a little older but the glass is in great shape. The body is a little scuffed
1) Flash speedlight. (I'm still a Nikon SB-20 from the stone age)
2) Wide angle lens that gives my D7k an actual wider shot.
I'm of the belief that I should lose one of the zooms and the 28mm, applying their sale towards a flash and wider lens.
So, after all that, my questions are thus:
1) Which zoom lens do I sell?
-Tamron worth ~$150
-Nikon worth ~$250 (it's in brand new condition, with box)
The dilemma I'm having is: the Nikon will bring more money, which equals more to spend on a flash/wide lens. BUT, is the Tamron 'good enough' to fill it's shoes?
- I like to think that in the end, it's my ability to use the lenses, not their 'fanciness' or expense, however, am I doing myself a disservice by getting rid of the Nikon?
2) With the expense of wide angle lenses, is it worth getting rid of the 28mm? Will i spend far more to get a wider shot than it's worth?
3) Recommendation(s) on Nikon speedlights?
Thanks in advance : )