Skip

Help me find the perfect b-day gift
July 15, 2012 8:40 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find this oversized gold tone chain link necklace 1, 2 (as seen on Covert Affairs last season)? My girlfriend really likes it!

The character is "Annie" and the episode was "What's the Frequency, Kenneth", but though at least one other person online had a similar question, I can't run it down. Any ideas from more fashion/jewelry-savvy people than I?
posted by stewiethegreat to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (6 answers total)

Vintage (I'd by that one.) Out of stock. Marco Bicego (and 7.5K!) This one is lovely and is $245.

[Via: Google image search for gold link necklace]
posted by DarlingBri at 8:57 PM on July 15, 2012

A friend has a DIY video on how to make one.
posted by xmts at 10:14 PM on July 15, 2012 [1 favorite]

This looks like the typical gold-plated or gold-tone costume jewelry necklace sold in department stores. Here is Macys' selection of chains - take your girlfriend along to try some on, so she can pick the one she likes.
posted by Susurration at 10:17 PM on July 15, 2012

Ebay has some similar things

This looks too small

This looks a little bigger

Very close but not finished, will need length sizing and a clasp. This is like the raw chain used in the youtube video above.
posted by caclwmr4 at 12:43 AM on July 16, 2012

Etsy has some similar things for reasonable prices. You can also get similar necklaces and bracelets that have been wrapped in embroidery floss, yarn, or leather, that she might like, depending on her style.
posted by dizziest at 10:44 AM on July 16, 2012

It looks like this Juicy Couture one to me, but I can't tell from the photos if there's a sparkly link on your version or not.
posted by Charity Garfein at 5:06 PM on July 17, 2012

« Older Recommendations for a quiet, b...   |  What are your favorite amazing... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.