Join 3,411 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Cambridge Booze
July 12, 2012 10:36 AM   Subscribe

Somewhere between Harvard and Porter Squares where I could buy Pimm's No. 1 and Hitachino Nest White Ale today before 7 PM?
posted by liketitanic to Food & Drink (11 answers total)

You should give University Wine Shop a call.
posted by Perplexity at 10:39 AM on July 12, 2012

That is a very small area. I would also try Downtown Liquor in Davis, as they have a large beer selection.
posted by Aizkolari at 10:46 AM on July 12, 2012

UWS is a good choice. Also try Liquor World at Porter. Finally, despite being in the epicenter of tourist Hell, I used to find a surprising array of beer at Cardullo's back in the day.
posted by mykescipark at 10:51 AM on July 12, 2012

Not too far off your path, Trader Joe's in Cambridge has the ale.
posted by beagle at 11:13 AM on July 12, 2012

Yeah, my first guess for the Pimm's would be Liquor World, and my first guess for the beer would be Downtown Wine & Spirits, who have the best beer selection in the area (though they are in Davis, one Square past Porter).
posted by dfan at 11:15 AM on July 12, 2012

Came in here to say Downtown Wine and Spirits.
posted by carmel at 11:29 AM on July 12, 2012

Liquor World has an unexpectedly-large-for-its-size beer selection way in the back, they may have hitachino nest too.
posted by ghostbikes at 11:32 AM on July 12, 2012

Nthing Downtown Wine & Spirits and Liquor World, I've found Pimm's at each place. If calling ahead gets you no where, I'd add Ball Square Fine Wines to the list as well, though it is further afield (about a 20 minute walk from Davis or Porter)
posted by hungrybruno at 12:05 PM on July 12, 2012

UWS did not have Hitachino. Cardullo's only had Hitachino Ginger Brew.

Superior Liquor near Central had Pimm's.

Will forge ahead for the beer after a nap.
posted by liketitanic at 12:55 PM on July 12, 2012

Liquor World stocks Hitachino Nest. Should be in the fridges down the left aisle, right at the back past the front-facing ones.
posted by galaksit at 11:08 AM on July 13, 2012

Oops, day-old posting. :)
posted by galaksit at 11:08 AM on July 13, 2012

« Older How can I get the landlords to...   |  I've been receiving calls ever... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.