Help identifying tunnel in BBC TV program, Coast

can anyone help me (well my bother actually) identify the tunnel shown in The BBC TV show Coast - Series 6, Episode 3 - "The Netherlands". All He could tell me was that it "Appeared" as if a road just seemed to disappear into the ocean/river.

I have tried to find it on Google etc, with no joy....

Any one offer me some advice??

Thanks
posted by maxmix to Travel & Transportation around Holland, The Netherlands (3 answers total)

I don't know where the tunnel is, but to help with the search: you can see (what I take to be) it in this clip on YouTube, about 15 seconds in.
posted by ManyLeggedCreature at 6:17 AM on July 8, 2012

Oh, here you go: I think it's the Zeeburgertunnel, a 946m road tunnel connecting the Zeeburgereiland with Amsterdam-Noord under a stretch of the Buiten IJ. I haven't turned up any useful information in English, but here's the Dutch Wikipedia page; I'm going to spare myself some embarrassment by suggesting you turn to Google for translation.
posted by ManyLeggedCreature at 6:29 AM on July 8, 2012

I'm fairly sure that is indeed the tunnel, many thanks for the youtube clip and the answer, superb
posted by maxmix at 8:19 AM on July 8, 2012

« Older I need to create a simple phot...   |  Really, I'm NOT a princess. S... Newer »