Spoilers wanted for Spec Ops: The Line

Give me spoilers about Spec Ops: The Line! [spoilers]

I've heard some interesting things about this game. I'm very interested in game narratives and narratives in general... But I hate first/third person shooters and I don't want to sit through 6-7 hours of shooting for what ultimately could be an underwhelming experience.

So please give me any and all spoilers! Pics, videos are great, essays are great too. Thanks!
posted by cmcmcm to Media & Arts (7 answers total)

RockPaperShotgun has a good writeup. Given the source, it's a fairly intelligent look at the game as both an entertainment vehicle and as an experience.
posted by ellF at 3:07 PM on July 5, 2012

The Wikipedia page has a full summary, with alternate endings.
posted by GilloD at 3:14 PM on July 5, 2012

This week's episode of the Weekend Confirmed podcast has an amazing and very literate discussion on its shortfalls. Ironically, the week before is a long conversation with one of the creators on its goals.
posted by griphus at 3:22 PM on July 5, 2012

(Well, the discussion is about the game on a general basis, but it seems to have universally disappointed.)
posted by griphus at 3:24 PM on July 5, 2012

Episode 119
posted by griphus at 3:27 PM on July 5, 2012

Well, I happened to take a few screenshots of some things that I found interesting: Loading Screen 'tips' (One, Two) that get bleaker and bleaker towards the end of the game, and an aptly named objective.
posted by Hargrimm at 5:39 PM on July 5, 2012

Thanks so much guys! Based on the responses, I'll probably just go and play the game... it's only 5-6 hours... and I like the setting....
posted by cmcmcm at 7:04 AM on July 6, 2012

« Older Contractor damaged my dryer wh...   |  I'm hoping to find someone wit... Newer »