Block and Tackle

Facebook. A friend of a friend tags 47 people in random pictures. I don't want to block my friend but I don't want to see another thing from this guy.
posted by notned to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Hover over his name; a little window will pop up. Click the "Friends" button and deselect the "Show in News Feed" option. This will hide anything from him (though it might not keep you from seeing the photos if other friends of yours are tagged in the photos, depending on your settings for those individuals).
posted by ThePinkSuperhero at 8:20 AM on June 30, 2012

Go to your newsfeed; go to his most recent update. Click in the upper right hand corner. Unsubscribe from his updates. You now will not see anything in your news feed, but you can still go to his profile and check out what he's doing. He will not know that you aren't seeing his posts.

(on preview, what ThePinkSuperhero said)
posted by insectosaurus at 8:22 AM on June 30, 2012

I'm not seeing what you're referring to. It's a friend's friend. My friend is tagged in the dummy's picture. I saw where I could block my friends photo activity and I've done that for now.
posted by notned at 8:34 AM on June 30, 2012

You can block the friend of your friend. You don't have to block your actual friend.
posted by two lights above the sea at 8:40 AM on June 30, 2012 [1 favorite]

Yeah, if you know his name, you can block him. I've done it for friends-of-friends before.
posted by the young rope-rider at 9:07 AM on June 30, 2012

Got it went to his page and blocked him.
posted by notned at 9:08 AM on June 30, 2012

« Older We will be leaving next week f...   |  What are some fun alternatives... Newer »