Can I haz secooritees?
June 26, 2012 3:22 PM Subscribe
What kind of security box should I get? Small/affordable ones please!
posted by Angel of Khaos to Shopping (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Okay, so I need to get a box to hold some of my valuable items such as several watches, pictures, etc and I need a box that will prevent my roommate or his friends from snooping around in. My items are mainly just trifles, but they hold a lot of use for me and have a lot of sentimental value.
Let me make a list:
- has to be portable, i.e. not too heavy
- doesn't have to be state-of-the-art, i.e. I don't have people forcefully attempting to break into this box
- has to lock somehow, whether by accessory or by feature
- aesthetically pleasing, i.e. I want to look at it from time to time
- affordable, i.e. prices differ, but I'm going to spend at the most $30 unless you guys can convince me otherwise
- small, i.e. I don't have a lot of room due to all the junk I have as a result of being an artist
- Has to be fireproof, water/airtight optional
I prefer it to be made of metal, and not look as bulky as one of those fire/water proof security suitcases.
I'm kind of picky, but also open to any suggestions at the same time. If it's available at a local Wal-mart or Walgreens, that'd be perfect too; I'm also open for any reliable online sources, but the thing is that I want it now :)
Thanks in advance!