When and where did I see Chicago on the "Chicago 16" tour?

Does anybody really know what time it was (in 1982, or 1983, when I saw my first concert...)? For a piece on first-ever concerts, I'm trying to figure out when I saw Chicago on their "Chicago 16" tour. I'm guessing it was 1982 and it was in St. Paul, Minnesota, so probably at the St. Paul Civic Center, though I can't swear to that. Are there any master concert lists for the band Chicago, or a ticket stub somewhere? I'd also be curious to see what we paid and if there was an opening act...
posted by GaelFC to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

This ticket stub site has a few stubs from their 1982 tour. Unfortunately none of them are near MN (and the site charges money to view them), but it may help you narrow down your date range.
Sunrise Musical Theatre (Sunrise, FL) - May 29, 1982
Stanley Theater (Pittsburgh, PA) - June 15, 1982
Chicago - Indianapolis Music Sports Arena (Indianapolis, IN) - June 16, 1982
Warwick Musical Theatre (Warwick, RI) - July 21, 1982
USF Sun Dome (Tampa, FL) - November 20, 1982
posted by FreezBoy at 12:13 PM on June 20, 2012

Looks like it was probably at the Northrup.
posted by Bourbonesque at 12:17 PM on June 20, 2012

Whoa, Bourbonesque, that is so weird. I just don't think so! I so distinctly recall going to the St. Paul Civic Center-Auditorium complex, but man, Northrop Auditorium at the U of M was also a big concert venue. Now I'm thoroughly thrown.
posted by GaelFC at 12:26 PM on June 20, 2012

Well, and it's incredibly frustrating trying to google anything because, y'know, 'Chicago'. That's the only confirmation I've been able to find of a show anywhere in the TC in 82-83, though.
posted by Bourbonesque at 12:35 PM on June 20, 2012

Someone here seems to think it was at the Northrop too.
posted by mykescipark at 1:11 PM on June 20, 2012

That last link has the answer! I went in 1985 at the St. Paul Civic Center, not in 1982. Thanks!
posted by GaelFC at 7:45 PM on June 20, 2012 [1 favorite]

Then it will be the Chicago 17 Tour and a site that links to an impounded megaupload bootleg has a set list of a Californian concert on that same tour.
posted by meech at 3:04 AM on June 21, 2012

« Older A friend and I are planning a ...   |  American ex-pats living in Ger... Newer »