Mid grey, houndstooth, cut to flatter...

Just bought this jacket on a whim, and it looks great. At a bit of a loss as to what to match it with: any suggestions for shirt and tie pattern and colour combinations? I'm thinking of wearing it with skinny black jeans and my Doc Martens.
posted by nicolas léonard sadi carnot to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

White shirt, skinny tie. I'd wear it with the skinny jeans/Doc Martens you mentioned, or with a white shirt and no tie with blue jeans and a pair of loafers.
posted by xingcat at 6:34 AM on June 19, 2012

Just some inspiration: (Exchange their jackets for yours!)

- ooo bow tie!
- yay plaid!
- casual / untucked
- striped and baggy
- grey is an awesome neutral for this bright shirt!
- a tee, clean demin, and a pop of color!!
- pattern and chinos
- a vest and tennis shoes
- o shorts!
- monochromatic
- let the shoes steal the show!

Sorry! Hope I didn't go overboard..! Have fun! (I was guess this was a bit of your style since you mentioned Doc Martens! .. if it's different let us know!)
posted by xicana63 at 6:44 AM on June 19, 2012

Its a grey houndstooth odd jacket. Just as long as you don't use too many other textures it'll work with almost anything.
posted by JPD at 7:12 AM on June 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

Nice find! The jeans and Docs will look great, as will any other solid colours. Frankly, I would completely unable to resist pairing it with some sort of roll black necked jumper, black jeans and dress shoes, for that 60s existentialist look. Maybe even a black beret.
posted by Jilder at 8:25 AM on June 19, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older Our cloth diapers have a perma...   |  Help me understand baseball in... Newer »