Join 3,375 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Suggest a photography-related or cat-related or photography-and-cats-related gift.
June 5, 2012 1:16 PM   Subscribe

Gift. The theme? Cats or photography or both.

I'm buying a gift for a friend of mine. She's into DSLR photography and her cats. Mid-20's in age (her, not the cats). Suggest some awesome cat-related gifts, or photography-related gifts, or something that combines the two. Budget of about $50.
posted by Mercaptan to Shopping (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Fab.com often has high end or just cool/nice pet stuff for less than it would typically sell for. If you have some lead time, I'd look there. I got this cat scratcher but it's taking a minute to ship and get here. Usually there are estimates for how long it will take so you can make an informed decision.
posted by Medieval Maven at 1:50 PM on June 5, 2012 [1 favorite]

If she also likes visual art in general, she might get a kick out of Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics.
posted by Boxenmacher at 2:17 PM on June 5, 2012

There are some awesome camera straps on etsy.
posted by ljesse at 3:18 PM on June 5, 2012

Fellow Crazy Cat Lady here. Modcloth has a ton of awesome cat themed gifts that will satisfy any CCL.
posted by MaryDellamorte at 3:19 PM on June 5, 2012

Eh, I'm really into my cats, too, but I hate it when people get me crazy-cat-person gifts. *Unless she buys these types of things for herself,* I'd steer clear and get her a photography book. I really like ljesse's suggestion. A strap or a weird tripod or a gift certificate to a specialty shop or a really cute camera bag. But you know her better than I do. :)
posted by Sayuri. at 3:32 PM on June 5, 2012

« Older How to keep a policy institute...   |  What kind of drug did I just s... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.