Can pants be tailored in this way?

I have jeans that fit great but are far more baggy than I'd like below the knees. Can the lower leg portion of pants be made more slim-fitting? Also, if anyone has recommendations for affordable but quality tailors in San Francisco who could do this, I'd appreciate it.
posted by BuddhaInABucket to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Peter Panos is excellent.
posted by mattdidthat at 3:52 PM on June 4, 2012

I can report that I've had the lower-half of jeans slimmed down with great results.

As for a SF tailor, I can't help. You might consider contacting the folks at SelfEdge for a denim-specific recommendation, although they will likely advise a more expensive shop.
posted by broadway bill at 4:07 PM on June 4, 2012

Seconding SelfEdge. can't recommend them enough... if they can't do it, they'll recommend someone that can.
posted by raihan_ at 4:39 PM on June 4, 2012

I've done this with a few pairs of jeans ($25) - and have always gone to C&W Tailoring in the Outer Sunset:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/c-and-w-tailoring-and-dressmaking-san-francisco?sort_by=date_desc
posted by hapax_legomenon at 5:12 PM on June 4, 2012

Victoria at Creative Tailor in the Tenderloin/Nob Hill can do this for you easily. She is great.

(Huh. I see from the Yelp listing that it's now called Victoria's Clothing ReDesign. Same thing though, on Sutter.)
posted by Susan PG at 5:40 PM on June 4, 2012

« Older My neighbors have booby trappe...   |  I need to buy/obtain at least ... Newer »