Please help me find a painting!

Help me find a painting.

Please help me find a painting I've been looking for. It's a painting about the countryside. In the painting, there are two young people, a boy and a girl. The boy has a shovel? stood in the ground and has both hands over the butt end of the shovel. The girl has her hands behind her back, is smiling at the boy with her head tilted.

Thanks for any input!
posted by Thisispiggy to Media & Arts (5 answers total)

Can you give us any details about the style or time period in which it may have been painted, or painted of? Or the predominant colors-- pastels, bolder shades...?
posted by jetlagaddict at 8:47 PM on May 31, 2012

Could it be this Balthus painting, misremembered?
posted by neroli at 9:36 PM on May 31, 2012

The painting looks like it's made after 18th century but before modern period. Predominant colors? Green grass in the background. I think the boy is wearing a white shirt and brown pants.

It's not Balthus painting. The painting I'm looking for is very realistic.
posted by Thisispiggy at 10:34 AM on June 1, 2012

Hiding In The Haystacks, by William Bliss Baker?
posted by mattdidthat at 1:16 PM on June 1, 2012

Nope :(

The boy and the girl are really close in the painting, with the boy's back and girl's face facing the viewer..
posted by Thisispiggy at 8:44 AM on June 3, 2012

« Older Free FTP client that supports ...   |  I am looking for images of a M... Newer »