It's hard to Google infographics

I'm looking for an infographic (?) about how lucky it is to have been born in the developed world. I remember a format similar to "If you are also literate, then you are already in the top x% of the world," with various characteristics substituted in for "literate."

I'm not sure where I saw this; possibly MetaFilter. I'm also not sure if it was actually an infographic or just a series of statistics.
posted by glass origami robot to Society & Culture (7 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

I couldn't find exactly what you described, but visual.ly has a good database of infographics.
posted by Yma at 9:27 PM on May 27, 2012

This?
posted by Nickel at 9:27 PM on May 27, 2012 [2 favorites]

Also available on many non-facebook sites
posted by Nickel at 9:46 PM on May 27, 2012 [1 favorite]

Giving What We Can has an interactive page where you can plug in your income and find out just how rich you are compared to the majority of the world.
posted by dontjumplarry at 10:59 PM on May 27, 2012 [2 favorites]

That's it. Thanks, Nickel!
posted by glass origami robot at 11:20 PM on May 27, 2012

Is there a source or citation for these statistics?
posted by glass origami robot at 6:36 AM on May 28, 2012

Some of the statistics - including the wording - come from this page.
posted by SkylitDrawl at 11:32 AM on May 28, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older I got suckered into buying coc...   |  I want a stethoscope, but I kn... Newer »