Where to find full recordings of FDR fireside chats?

Where can I download FDR's 'fireside' weekly radio addresses?

One can find a catalog of recorded utterances at the FDR library, short snippets at the Museum of Broadcast Communications but I am trying to find a full series of the radio addresses. Anyone have any ideas? Bonus for any full radio news programs from the 1930s-1942.
posted by refractal to Education (4 answers total) 10 users marked this as a favorite

Try these?
iTunes

Larger collection of audio and video

Transcriptions
posted by PaulaSchultz at 12:28 PM on May 23, 2012

The Googleable phrase you want for the second half of your question is "old time radio."

Here's some OTR news from Archive.org. Here's some more. More still. And some more.
posted by griphus at 12:31 PM on May 23, 2012

The fireside chats wiki page turns up Fireside chats and speeches from The Miller Center.
posted by MonkeyToes at 12:37 PM on May 23, 2012

Hit post too soon. The chats are downloadable, but it looks like you need to click through to the individual recordings.
posted by MonkeyToes at 12:45 PM on May 23, 2012

« Older I'm looking for a book that is...   |  It's finally time to build a n... Newer »