May 21, 2012 4:04 PM Subscribe
Livejournal is failing me. Help find a replacement? (snowflakes inside)
posted by Trexsock to Computers & Internet (13 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
So for the past couple years (and more intensely) for the last couple months, I used Livejournal pretty extensively without many troubles at all. Even the recent layout changes didn't bother me much, but this is starting to get on my nerves. I've been using the website to Roleplay with a friend of mine and am now unable to do so because of the errors I keep getting.
Basically, I've been getting this error with pretty much every post I try to make (that is, a reply to an already created journal post).
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error
So since I cannot make it go away (anyone know how?) I'm looking for websites that emulate/simulate what LJ is and that can:
- Easily create 'posts'
- Reply with no problem, reply to different comments, etc.
- Avatars, though this is not 100% necessary
- E-mail notification. So if make a 'journal post', I get notified every time someone comments in it.
- Ability to hide my posts from everyone (like the 'lock for everyone but friends' option in LJ)
- ABILITY TO POST WRITTEN EXPLICIT CONTENT. This is a big one and one of the reasons I haven't switched over to using a proboards or something similar.
And of course, a layout that makes reading relatively large (max-sized, 750 word +) comments easy and not a chore.
Thank you very much in advance!