Links, links everywhere

I love the One Thing Well blog and the newish The Toolbox. Are there any other good link blogs similar in purpose (links to resources and webapps instead of news/articles)?
posted by Memo to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 25 users marked this as a favorite

The Changelog is a podcast, but the website posts pretty often to GitHub projects of note.
posted by backwards guitar at 9:40 AM on May 19, 2012

Is Cool Tools something like what you're looking for?
Cool Tools is a web site which recommends the best/cheapest tools available. Tools are defined broadly as anything that can be useful. This includes hand tools, machines, books, software, gadgets, websites, maps, and even ideas. All reviews are positive raves written by real users.
posted by teditrix at 11:33 AM on May 19, 2012

Almost! I wish there was a category exclusively for apps/sites but other than that it's very much like what I was looking for.
posted by Memo at 12:28 PM on May 19, 2012

I love the One Thing Well blog

Thank you!

I write One Thing Well, so you'd think I'd be able to answer this, but I honestly don't know of many weblogs that do the 'here's a link to an interesting application' type thing exclusively. I wish there were more, so I could pinch their links ;-)

Some suggestions: That's all I can think of off the top of my head, sorry.

It seems a safe bet that One Thing Well readers will know of similar sites, so I'll repost your question there and report back with any recommendations readers send in.
posted by jack_mo at 5:54 AM on May 20, 2012 [4 favorites]

Three suggestions from readers:
posted by jack_mo at 6:11 AM on May 21, 2012

shellcity.net I used to read regularly, while I was primarily a windows user.
posted by davemee at 9:50 AM on May 21, 2012

Thanks everyone!
I write One Thing Well
I had no idea you were a Mefite! That makes this question feel slightly awkward but I love your blog!.
Pinboard's 'apps' tag is particularly good, because the site is relatively small and the users tend to be a bit nerdy.
Pinboard's 'recent activity' was amazing for this kind of thing until it was appropriated by the fandom. Tags help though.
posted by Memo at 7:49 AM on May 30, 2012

« Older My brother is a problem drinke...   |  I have this plant [1] [2] [3] ... Newer »