Join 3,512 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Grandpa wants to see the heir apparent
May 17, 2012 8:57 AM   Subscribe

How to email an iPad photo to a large group?

We will soon need to email a few iPad photos to a lot of people (>100). My husband already typed all the addresses into a blank email (gmail), so it's sitting on go when the time comes. (Yes, this involves a new baby.....). But you apparently can't add a photo to a pre-existing email on an iPad -- you can only select the picture from the album, and THEN type in the email addresses. Which we obviously don't want to do, since it's so many people.

The only thing I can think of is to (somehow) make an email list through gmail, and then type in that one address once the pictures are taken. But 1) creating the list will involve a lot of work that he thought he had already done, and b) that would be only one picture per email.

What am I missing? Ideas? Apps?
posted by kestrel251 to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Just copy the image. Tap and hold the image in the Photos app and select copy. Then go back to your draft and paste it (tap, hold, release, hit paste).
posted by fennokin at 9:03 AM on May 17, 2012 [1 favorite]

Use Dropbox instead of e-mail, just e-mail the links (from your computer) (for older relatives, e-mail each link individually--for the more tech savvy you can just send the main shared folder and say "look here").
posted by anaelith at 9:06 AM on May 17, 2012

Email it to just him, then have him forward it to the entire list -- which he'll be able to copy and paste into the new email's address section.
posted by BlahLaLa at 9:06 AM on May 17, 2012 [1 favorite]

(Or Flickr instead of Dropbox, or whichever other photo-sharing site floats your boat.)
posted by anaelith at 9:06 AM on May 17, 2012

Omg. Too easy. Thanks!!!
posted by kestrel251 at 9:07 AM on May 17, 2012

« Older I want a simple, bare-bones en...   |  She's dating a guy who had an ... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.