Searching Craigslist

What is your favorite tool for searching multiple Craigslist cities? Crazedlist is now defunct and I'm sad. I know I could set up a million RSS feeds, but I thought I'd ask here first before going to the trouble.
posted by MacChimpman to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

I've used SearchTempest.
posted by sanka at 9:11 AM on May 17, 2012 [1 favorite]

CraigsPro+ is awesome if you have an iOS or Android device. It has a very nice search agent that will alert you when new listings match your search criteria.
posted by jamaro at 10:13 AM on May 17, 2012

I've used .
posted by Dolley at 10:16 AM on May 17, 2012

Blast! That would be adhuntr.com.

I've used allofcraigslist.org
posted by caclwmr4 at 11:11 AM on May 17, 2012

searchtempest is my favorite, because you can search by distance from a zipcode, instead of knowing which cities to select
posted by ArgentCorvid at 2:07 PM on May 17, 2012

I'm now answering my own question lest anybody else face this problem. Crazedlist publishes "Crazedlist loco", which is a package you install and run from your browser. It works great, and restores the full function of the Crazedlist site, only now running from your own computer.

It's a bit of a kludge- it needs a Firefox extension that is outdated, and only runs on a much earlier version of Firefox, which I had to download and install. But it then works perfectly, and (while running) is accessible from any browser you choose.
posted by MacChimpman at 8:08 AM on June 8, 2012

« Older Help me host an amazing honeym...   |  This is a question about organ... Newer »