Customizable/Universal Tracking App?

I would like to use a single smartphone app to track a customizable set of personal attributes and/or behaviors. For instance, I would like to track my daily weight, peak flows, alcoholic beverages consumed, run distances, and hours slept. I would like to do this with a single app, and not an app for each attribute/behavior being tracked.

I have looked for such an app since buying an iPhone 2.5 years ago, and have never found a customizable tracking app. I have of course played with multiple apps that each track a single trackable attribute, but this is a clumsy way to look for correlations between, for instance, hours slept and drinks consumed over time. If no such app exists, what's the best way to learn how to write it myself?
posted by u2604ab to Health & Fitness (11 answers total) 27 users marked this as a favorite

Give Trakr a look. You can measure and/or track pretty much anything you can think of.
posted by THAT William Mize at 1:37 PM on May 10, 2012 [4 favorites]

I've never used it, but The Carrot has an app. You can also log things via their website.
posted by elerina at 1:43 PM on May 10, 2012

You want Daytum
posted by brentajones at 1:45 PM on May 10, 2012 [1 favorite]

Or maybe DidThis is for you.
posted by ZipRibbons at 1:46 PM on May 10, 2012

Check out Fitbit. I don't think you need a Fitbit device to use this app, but it does a lot of what you want to track (activity level during the day, hours slept, basic pedometer tracking). The online site will let you enter more details, but the mobile app limits you to tracking: activities, food, water and weight.
posted by hooray at 1:51 PM on May 10, 2012

I don't know if this is kosher, but... any Droid recommendations for same?
posted by i_am_a_fiesta at 2:43 PM on May 10, 2012 [3 favorites]

MoodTracker lets you track these things
posted by whalebreath at 3:10 PM on May 10, 2012

I have a Fitbit and although I like it, it (and the website) aren't nearly detailed or flexible enough for what the OP is looking for.

No specific suggestions, but have you looked at the Quantified Self site?
posted by Lexica at 7:51 PM on May 10, 2012

There's also Daily Tracker.
posted by wyzewoman at 9:29 PM on May 10, 2012

Seconding daily tracker. The problem for has been consistent usage, but the application works well (builds graphs and such).
posted by aeighty at 8:53 AM on May 11, 2012

For Android, check out keeptrack, its a very versatile app with bonus graphing capabilities which can help identify correlations between 'trackers', i.e. caffiene drunk vs mood
posted by razzman at 3:15 PM on May 11, 2012

« Older Double or Triple Pane Windows?...   |  Going on a trip to Switzerland... Newer »